Thursday, February 27, 2014

Writing Day 25


2376 Words
44,011 Total

Well, that wasn't as hard as I was sure it was going to be.  After Day 24, I was thinking I would have no idea what to do next, but after I sat down tonight and started typing, it pretty much came together, so I'm feeling relieved.

Now on to the next day of writing...

There is a feeling of dread now as the days wind down.  I have 6 more days using the writing kit though I'm sure I'll reach 50,000 words before the end and I know the book won't be finished.  The kit recommends rushing the end anyway, just so its complete, but that makes it worse because I really have NO idea how this is going to end.  I'm trying to keep the faith with this and thinking that it will come to me, because I've been managing so far, but its really flying by the seat of your pants writing.

I might have mentioned previously that the book I'm writing has been floating around in my head for years - well one of the big obstacles has been the fact that I never knew how to end it or what would be a good ending.  I'm not trying to go for the 'Happily Ever After' type of ending - just one that makes sense and feels right.  I would hate for someone to read it and go, "Bleh."  I've done that at the end of a book and I certainly don't want that reaction to my novel.

Anyway... here is today's sample:

She picked up her cup of coffee and curled her fingers around it as she held it to her chest, liking the warmth it provided through her palms.  There were a lot of words on her lips to say, but they felt pointless now that everything was said and done.  She wanted to be angry and shout, but it was like her body had maxed out on that emotion, as if she was an overcharged credit card.  “Well…  I don’t forgive him.”

“He doesn’t expect you to.”

“I don’t want to see him either.  Not right now.”




“Okay.  Whatever you want.”

Samantha gave a snort, “What I want is to go back home to my parent’s house, curl up in my bed and have none of this happen.”


So, noticing that there aren't many people reading these posts anymore...  I'm keeping notes and when I'm a rich and famous author, there are definitely some people who are going to be on my list...  :P

Or else my samples are really boring and uninteresting so followers have given up.  Hmmm....


No comments: