Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Writing Day 17


2070 Words
32079 Total

I'm supposed to try to hit 40,000 words by the end of this week. It seems a bit harder to try for 2000 words each time I sit to write because where things naturally feel like a good end are being changed or things are being added.  This could be a good thing because its keeping me on my toes and thinking. 

I am wondering about character development a bit now.  I don't know if these are characters other people would care about... and I wonder if my ideas are original enough.  I mean, its hard to be 100% original with so many books and stories out there, but I would hate to think of this as being derivative of something else.  And I'm constantly in a state of "This sounded better in my head."  The great turns of phrase that I imagine, never seem to be exactly as great as I hoped they were when they are written down.

I suppose that is another normal aspect of writing though...  Is any writing as great as the writer imagined it to be before they got it down on paper.

Oh well.. Just gotta keep writing!

Here is this weeks excerpt for you...  Though I do have to ask:  Are you intrigued by what I've been writing?  Does this sound at all interesting?  Do you want to know more?  Let me know! 

They rode in silence for the most part, the radio on with local news reporting the incident in downtown Aerontown.  She wanted to tell Steve to shut it off, that it was making her feel horrible, but she felt like it was what she deserved.  She should feel like shit for everything that happened.  It was her fault after all. 

She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat, resting her forehead against the glass window as the world passed by.  Her whole body ached and her palms burned from the sidewalk rash she got when she fell before and her knees hurt.  She hadn't taken the time to wash up or check herself for any bleeding or wounds when she had been up in the apartment, but she didn't care.  It was another penance to serve.  If she'd listened and not gone to work, then no one would have been hurt and businesses wouldn't have been destroyed.  Aerontown wouldn't have nearly gotten blown off the map.  The least she could do was bleed a little.


No comments: