Friday, February 7, 2014

Writing Day 5


1850 words
9132 total

You'll notice that I'm not posting EVERY day.  I am trying to do a post every other day, just to make sure I'm holding myself accountable and letting you all know that I'm still working on this thing.  Yesterday was rough, but I am just forcing myself forward.  I had a better idea of what I wanted to do today, so that was a little easier.  I do suspect tomorrow will be difficult again.  I think getting to the meat of the situation is getting hard to approach - I'm dancing around it right now because I'm not sure when to bring it in.  When is it too soon?  I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't supposed to be perfect at this stage.

I'm also thinking that some time soon I'll do a rough little outline of some things or at least take some notes to be signposts for the larger work.  I still have NO idea how to story arc it or even find a conclusion.  I'm hoping that happens when I get to the points where that will be important.

I'm not pretending that I'm a writer here, though I do think I'm pretty good when I have a clear idea.  My thing here is that while I have a pretty good idea at the base of all this, I don't have it all set up for how it is supposed to be expressed.  But I'm not giving up or anything... Just have to keep pushing this and remember that once I have all this written down, I can go back and make changes to it.  Here is another snippet for you guys to check out:

The light was odd and there was a shadow there.  Her brows drew together as she tried to make it out, but a few of the drivers had their lights on and they would flash as they passed by the window.  About to ignore it, Samantha then noticed it move forward, like a person pushing away from a wall they were leaning on, but it was still just a shadow.  It kept moving forward, towards the store, the cars going right through it.  Her breath caught and she felt her heartbeat speed up in fear, but she couldn't move, even as she was sure the thing was heading right for her. She knew it would go through the wall and glass of the building and was going to reach her.  And it was moving.  It was right up to the large window, pressing against it and Samantha wanted to scream but she was terrified of making any noise.  Now it was seeping through the wall like it glass and plaster weren't there and she was sure she was going to die.

Does this thing sound interesting at all?

No comments: