Friday, February 21, 2014

Writing Day 19


2077 Words
34156 Total

I am going to have the face the music that I don't know if I have a climax for this book.  I don't know if I should be worrying about that right now, but the fear that this is all going to meander is gnawing at me.  I don't have a definite way for this all to end and that is the biggest issue for me right now.  I keep thinking it will come to me.

I suppose I should have faith.  I've come this far and things are popping up in my head. 

There are pages of notes of changes I'll make after I finish writing this first draft and the challenge is to keep them in mind as I write without making all the edits now - and to not go back and make the changes.  Keeping myself moving forward is forcing me to make some decisions off the cuff and some of them work and some are noted to be edited later. 

When I'm not writing, I definitely feel like I should be, but I worry that its a distraction from other things I should be doing.  This has been an issue with my art as well.  Doing art hasn't felt... good a lot of the times, because I've felt guilty indulging in it, even though I used to love it so much.  Doing it made me feel bad because I should have been working or looking for work or doing something more... adult or more what I am 'supposed to be doing'.  I am still looking for work, but there is only so much you can actually do and I want to finish this book.  I don't know if it will come together to be something to be published, but it would be an accomplishment and I think I need that.  


So when I get down on myself, I push that aside and keep plugging away.  And if I feel guilty, I'll just say to myself, "Mr. Gaiman made me do it!"

Okay... on to today's snippet:

“No.” she smirked then heard her phone buzzing.  Taking it out of the bag at her feet she lifted it up in the dark car to see what it was.  The face lit up and there was a text message notification.  Clicking open the message app she saw a single question, 

“Where are you?”

 Her brows knit.  She didn’t recognize the sender.  “Steve do you know Int3rn3tz with threes instead of e’s?”  They did have some mutual friends so it might be someone she met through him and wasn’t recognizing right away.

The phone buzzed again. 

“Where are you?” 

“Nope…” he answered as he passed a car.

“Gabe…?” She called over to the back seats, “Do you know anyone called Int3rn3tz?” Samantha didn’t give her number out to anyone unless she met them more than once, so there was no way they could have her number otherwise. “Spelled using threes instead of e’s.”

The cell vibrated with its notification. 

“Where are you?” 

Gabe frowned and shook his head, “No one I know.” 

Anubis sat up, “Who?”

“Int3rn3tz.”  



“Shit, shut it down!  Turn off the fucking phone!”

“What, why?” She asked as she frantically tried to grasp it to hit the power button as the phone buzzed again.

“Where are you?”




No comments: