Monday, February 17, 2014

Writing Day 15


1290 Words
27,159 Total

Starting Week Three!  Still have a lot of questions to answer...  I've already made a ton of notes of things to remember when I go back and edit it - things that have to be changed or items to be added - so I don't forget them later on.  I'm feeling good about where things are going and trying not to concentrate too much on where its all leading to.  I'm sure it will work itself out in the writing. 

Sometimes the writing feels good and I feel like I have my voice in it and other times, I definitely feel like I'm just putting words in there till the next bit.  Its up and down a lot.  I haven't had any characters 'speak' to me yet or change where I'm sending them which could be good or bad.  It might be good, because it means everyone is going in the right direction, or it might be bad because they aren't good characters and don't have anything to say.  Of course, I could be over thinking it all, which is a bad habit of mine.  It won't change how I handle this though - still going to just keep typing away...

And that's probably the best way for me to handle all of this.  If I just keep writing and don't think, then the chances of it getting all down on paper are a lot greater.  Previous times I've started writing something, then went back and read it and rewrote it and edited it and never moved forward.  I got stuck in the beginning and trying to make that perfect before getting to the end.  This is actually helping because I just keep writing and I know it will all be finished and I will still be able to go back and make changes.  While I wish I had done this sooner, I am glad I'm doing it now. 

Anyway, here is your excerpt for today:

She was dreading going to work, but at the same time, looking forward to it.  One, it would get her out of the house and two, it would give her something else to focus on instead of herself and everything over the weekend.  And yes, she was able to call it what it was: avoidance.  No doubts about that.  Going to work was the equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears, closing her eyes and singing "LALALALA!" at the top of her lungs.  It was childish, probably a bad idea and wouldn't really solve anything, but she wasn't trying to answer any questions first thing Monday morning.  She wanted to do something boring and to pretend that everything was perfectly normal, nothing to see here, everyone move along.  Besides, what she had said last night wasn't a lie.  There were still bills to pay and food to buy and that wouldn't go away just because she happened to be in the middle of some world changing crisis. 

No comments: