Sunday, February 9, 2014

Writing Day 7


1728 Words
12760 Total

Still going!

Earlier in the day I took some notes on things - items I wanted to address, some ideas and a little bit of a time frame and things I wanted to make sure I remembered so they would happen.  I know once I'm all done, I'll have made a ton more notes because even now, I'm half thinking about things I want to change.

I do know that this isn't all my voice yet so to speak.  I'm mostly writing to get things down and there are a few interesting moments, but I'm not as worried about the tone yet.  This story is a big one for me and I've had it in mind for a long time, so this is an opportunity to force myself to really attack it and try to make it happen, more than an experiment in writing style.  This is only the first draft - There will be more.


 Yesterday's writing wasn't too bad, but it was a little rough.  I am having little aha moments from time to time, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions.  I'm getting to the point where I will need to do some research to finesse some of the ideas I have so it isn't just something that's out of my head.  I want there to be some weight to it.  I don't love research, only because I've always thought it took away from my writing time and since this is a specific writing challenge, I don't want to lose that time frame I'm in - cause I'm ahead a bit here in words.  I'm doing quick searches online for some seeds of information and I'll do more when I go for the Second Draft.

I'm hoping that it is sounding interesting, even if there isn't a clear idea on what's going on.  I don't really want you to know the story - sorry - because its a big concept and I'd rather that it gets revealed if this ever gets published... Because up until now, I haven't seen it done.  So here is another snippet... Hope you are enjoying these....

Her hands flopped to the side and she looked at him, making out half features in the poor light, but able to feel the concern of his gaze on her, "Right…" She sighed, "I guess it would be better if I was losing my mind.  There are pills for that."

"Ugh, but the side-effects.  I think those would be worse."

"Oh you mean the possible side-effects including thoughts of suicide?" She half-joked, thinking of all the medication commercials advertised on television which always seemed to have side-effects that were worse than the ailment they were supposed to be curing.

Gabe lay back down and gave a half laugh, "Yeah, bleeding from the nose, eyes and ears…"

"Hair growing in strange places."

"Heart exploding"

"Vomiting and the shakes…"

"Oily discharge and the inability to control it…"

"UGH!" Samantha said, laughing by now "Crap," She said through it, "I guess pills really are worse."

In the quiet after the laughter died down, Gabe said, "Don't worry.  We'll figure it out.  I won't let anything happen.  You know that right?"

"Yeah…" but deep down, she wondered exactly what he could actually do.



No comments: