Saturday, March 1, 2014

Writing Day 27


2231 Words
47,925 Total

Another rough start to this section, but got through it and I think got to a sort of exciting part in the book.  I'm still unsure how to end it, but talked to Mom a little and I think I have an idea...  I think I knew how it had to end the whole time, but I was hoping for a better way to make it all work the way I wanted.

Knowing all the changes I want to make, its hard to keep moving forward without making those changes.  That's been a large challenge for me.  But in the end, its still good because its made me focus on 'now' rather than doing things over and over again.  I'm going to try to keep that in mind when I edit and make changes.  I want to go through the whole story again, rather than get stuck on perfecting one section and then another... not till the very end at least.

Its strange to realize that I'm almost at the end.  I mean, chances are in the next day or so, I'll hit the 50,000 word mark, but there are still four days left in the exercise.  When I started this all felt really big and now, seeing the days coming to an end, I feel like the time went by fast.

I've felt really blessed that so far my imagination hasn't let me down and I hope it won't when I type up the last words in a few days! 

Ah well, here is your snippet!

She frowned slightly, feeling defensive of Steve suddenly for what he did, “I think it was brave of him to do!  I mean, considering the repercussions, it means that he really is sorry and wants to make it up to me!”  Leaning back in the seat she huffed, “It was actually pretty cool that he was so serious that he’d put himself out there like that.”  Her fingers stroked Foxglove’s fur, “Just because you wouldn’t do the same, doesn’t make it foolish.”

The other shrugged, “Just because he put himself in that position, doesn’t make him brave.”

“We’ll just have to agree to disagree.”

“That’s just what people who have lost an argument say to feel like they’ve won.”

Samantha rolled her eyes, “Whatever…”


No comments: