Monday, March 3, 2014

Writing Day 29


1774 Words
51,520 Total

Well, I hit and passed the 50,000 word mark! 




Of course, I still have to more days left in the No Plot? No Problem kit....



Yeah... two more days of writing and trying to wrap this all up.

Its bittersweet now I guess.  I mean, I've worked a month with all of this... writing and just going with it.  Its funny that with as much time as I've spent writing, I'm not sure that I really got as far as I wanted to get or told the story I wanted to tell.  I never had a solid plan except for the basic idea that I had, so managing 50,000+ words wasn't too shabby.  The rewrites will follow and I'll try to be as devoted to that as I was in keeping up with the writing every day, but who knows. 

I still can't get ahead of myself.  I have those two more days...  I hope you'll all stay with me on this for a little while longer... 

Meanwhile, here is some writing:

“Yes, well, don’t make me regret it by throwing your life away to some grotesque mistakes on two legs!” He growled, turning to face forward again.  It was clear that this whole conversation had been difficult for him and now that he had revealed his inner emotions on it, he was done and back to his more confident and annoyed self.

For Samantha it put a smile on her face.  Knowing that her group of friends were really that and not just things there to follow some strange purpose.  It made facing what was to come, easier knowing she had people in her corner.

“By the way,” Steve said, “Where did you learn to fight like that?”




“She fought?” Gabe asked, turning around in his seat.

“Yeah!  It was pretty impressive.”

“I don’t really know.” She answered honestly, “It just sort of came to me.  My body reacted before I could even think about what I was doing.”

Gabe grinned over his shoulder at her, “Don’t feel bad, that’s a good thing!  Nice to know you have some self-defense training.  When did you take classes?”




Samantha shook her head, “I didn’t… I mean, I never have.” Her brows furrowed, “I guess its from television or youtube or something.”  She chuckled, “But I am hungry!  We never got a chance to get something to eat in Kansas City.”


No comments: