Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Writing Day 31


6130 Words
60,142 Total

IT IS DONE!


That's right, I finally finished the No Plot? No Problem! project. After 31 long days, I have completed a novel with over 60,000 words (well over the 50,000 word goal).  It was very wearing the last few days because I knew I had to finish and wrap it all up today and I wasn't completely sure how that would work out.  I still don't know if its the 'right' ending, but it felt like the right thing to do.

I feel really good about it as far as having finished the project and completed it.  Is a great accomplishment for me and it is like finally putting something together that has been sitting in pieces in the corner for years...  No more tripping over that in my head anymore!

Its also good to just finish something, period.


And I definitely feel proud.

There is still editing to do and I have major changes that I've already taken note of to make, but the bones are there and there is something to actually change.

For those of you that have stuck by this and kept reading my posts about this undertaking, I thank you and thank you for your support!  I know that you probably want to read what I've done and I hope you will understand that it really isn't ready for reading, but knowing you were reading the blog and keeping up made a huge impact.  It made me feel like I was doing something worthwhile.  Thank you.

So I don't forget though, here is your snippet:

“Would you do this all over again… I mean… If you had a choice?”

He smiled and said, “Of course.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  And honestly, this last part, with you? This has been some of the most fun I’ve had - not the fighting or running from things trying to kill you part, but when we went to the movies and hung out and laughed…  Those things…  Those were some of the best times.” He grinned at her.  “I wouldn’t want to trade those.”

She returned his smiled, “Me either.”  As they returned their gaze to the desert, she asked, “Can we stay here for a bit? I’d like to… just stay here for a while.”

“I think we can.  I don’t think the others will mind.”


And now... Wow... such tired... much sleep needed... 


Thank you again and good night!


No comments: