Friday, March 28, 2008

Painting a Day - Day 7

We are buying a mixer for the kitchen.  I don't care if its electric or one of those crank thingy ones... we are buying one tomorrow.

What does this have to do with painting?  I'll tell you.

After a long day, I came back home and napped.  My dog seemed to find herself barking every 10 minutes or so and the napping didn't go as well as I'd like.  When I got up I was a bit groggy and cranky.  Dinner rolled out and I had already said I was going to make this Apple Souffle thing, so I had to go do that.  Everything was fine till the egg whites had to be beaten.  I somehow got it in my head that I could do this by hand and manage fine.  As all the other things had been done, including heating the apple bits, I couldn't let it sit unfinished.  So... for about an hour, I hand beat the egg whites till they got as fluffy and thick as I could manage.  My arms hurt.... my wrists hurt - I switched back and forth with the whisk.  Then it was the finishing of the dessert and heating it and all that jazz.  On the upside, my souffle didn't drop and the dessert tasted pretty good! (I'll share the recipe if you want in the next blog).  

The downside:  I was more tired, my arms hurt and it wasn't till about 10:30 that I could sit down at the easel.  I tried to paint and yeah, I got something on the canvas that sort of resembles an appaloosa pony in a field of grass.. but I'm not happy with it.  But I know that you can work and work and work on something and if it starts off wrong and keeps going wrong then you are just going to make more wrong.  Now, its not horrible.  And most likely, the average person might not see much problem with it - but I see it as wrong and so... it irks me.  It is sort of a bummer to end on with such a great bunch of little paintings... so I may end up adding a Day 8 to the process.  Just so I can end on a high note before moving on.  

*sigh*

1 comment:

Mike said...

Mmmm... souffle & ponies.
Any luck finding the cable for the camera?