Thursday, March 27, 2008

Painting a Day - Day 6

I did it again!

It almost didn't happen today.  I was really worn out and almost slept through any time I might have been able to paint.  As it was, I didn't really feel it was done till enough to walk away till 12:00 (midnight).  It isn't a fully detailed but it is done enough to feel it is finished.  Its a picture of a geisha and it is the first full person I've done in this little exercise.  While I am happy with how her face came out and all, I really like the texture of the robe which looks like satin.  

My confidence is growing and that's a good thing too.  I have one more painting tomorrow to do and after that, I think it will be a painting a week.  But we'll see.  I still have one more and in the end, I have to say, that while I wanted to do 100 days - 100 paintings, this was a good jump start back into this medium that I have ignored for so long.  

I still don't know how this will all work out and what it will lead to, but I feel good and as stated before, excited about doing new things.  The fact that I've managed to do paintings in a night, makes me feel like larger oil paintings won't be so intimidating and un-doable because a fear of time and it taking forever.  

I'm already thinking of getting more comfortable with the acrylics which I've done here and there.  I just need to remember to use extenders so it doesn't all dry up - but there is something to say for paint that takes soooo long to dry.  Ahhh to find a happy medium (uh... pun possibly intended).

No comments: