Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not The Way I'd Like to End the Weekend

This past weekend I went up to Connecticut to see some friends from college that I haven't seen in a long time. We only seem to be able to get together like... twice a year. I took the train to Philly, then got on AmTrak to Penn Station. Bill came and met me there and we waited for Ken to arrive then headed up to Connecticut and Bill's home. It was really great to talk to them and just listen to them talk.

Mike, Mandy, Adrian and Ray all came and overall it was great time. Ken and I talked to the wee hours of the morning, though we did try to get to sleep at reasonable times... We learned what a 'cord' of wood is, the definition of a gelding and that one might want to avoid going down by the river. I learned I can hypnotize babies.

There were a lot of great moments over the weekend and I'm really glad I went. I have to send a special thank you to everyone for the weekend really. Each person made it fun. A big huge thanks to Bill and Jill for having us all as their guests for the weekend. You guys were awesome hosts and I really appreciate your kindness and the lovely food you provided. I'd also like to thank Ani and Niel for being such lovely hosts as well - the cake was delicious and Olivia is a lovely sweet baby. Thank you Mike and Mandy for the drive home, thank you Bill and Ken for all the help and advice and of course your words of friendship and logic. And Ken, thank you for Lion-o. :D Thank you to Adrian for the game and fun and thank you Ray for being such a fun character.

It is hard to really thank all the specifics for the fun of the weekend. I needed to get away and it is always great for me to reconnect with the people who help inspire me and keep me balanced in their own special ways. I always feel better after seeing them and I hope desperately that it won't be too long before I see these people again.

On the downside... Sunday after Mike dropped me off, I realized that I wasn't feeling well... And there was no mistake in it... I got sick. So, now I'm sick. I'm not sure exactly what it is I'm sick with but I figured I was fighting something off all weekend and after the amount of junk food and lack of sleep, my immune system just didn't fight enough. Hopefully it will pass, but I just want to curl up in bed and sleep sleep sleep and sleep.

The weekend was worth it.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I hope it wasn't me, I've been bravely battling a snot monster since before the weekend. I don't feel sick other than the slime in my head and nose, so I didn't broadcast it very much over the weekend.

Georgia said...

I don't know if it was you. I think it was a ton of different stuff that combined in making me sick.