Monday, January 19, 2009

We got snow!

Yeah, it snowed. A real snow finally. Granted, I didn't enjoy being at work with it snowing outside, but it did really snow. I would have rather been at home watching it snow outside the window. Unfortunately my dog was having trouble walking through snow. It was really good packing snow but that meant it gathered on her paws and she would start limping. I had to stop and try to clear the snow from her feet before she could walk again. Generally it would get so bad I had to carry her. *sigh*

But yeah... I do like snow... watching it fall. Its so peaceful.

In other news... GOD I have so much to do. I have to make a list of places to send my resume to, get portfolio items together, get my online portfolio on, redo my website, get ready for Katsucon, get two commissions done before Katsu and in general do work.

I haven't done any art in a long time. I drew some art on the computer (previous to its meltdown), but just can't seem to get motivated to sit and finish them. I can't seem to get motivated to do anything though I might want to. I don't know if it stems from fear or depression or there's just so much I have to do that I can't figure out what to do or something else... Its sort of frustrating I can't get myself moving on stuff.

Argh! I have to get motivated again!

This past weekend I saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was really very good and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to see. And I think its good for guys or girls. I have also come to love BBC America. A month or so ago, our cable provider changed channels around and rearranged them and we lost some, so when I called them to ask about it, they said we had to get the digital box.... so I got that and we got BBC America. At first, we didn't pay it much mind like the hundreds of other channels we got, but then we saw Predator... and The Graham Norton show... We started watching Dr. Who - a show I NEVER got into or watched before. Then I had it on randomly while doing something else and I saw Top Gear, which is essentially a show about cars, but its actually funny and interesting! We watched BBC on election night and it was really great to see the American election through the eyes of another country. And hey... they ALL have accents...

On a final note, I will be grateful for Wednesday this week. I can only take so much of something being shoved down my throat before it gets too completely annoying to take.

But hey... Look! I've had a blog posting each week for a while! GO ME! I'm trying to keep this interesting and its great that people respond to it and say stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BBC America rocks. I always check it when flipping channels. You should also look into Torchwood, once you've seen the first season of Dr. Who.

Georgia said...

I have heard about Torchwood. I'd love to see it!