Monday, January 5, 2009

Leopard's still gnawing on my leg

So, I started trying to use my Painter program that I got for my birthday... And my Wacom tablet wasn't... responding the same way it was before the switch to the new OS. I realize then, that I may have to install the cd that came with the tablet, because while it works cause Mac is so great about the plugnplay thing, it is not working the way it used to.

I go over to where I keep all my discs and surprise-suprise, I can't find it.

I look all over at all the places I might have logically put it because I can't imagine I just threw it away or tossed it somewhere. I know me. I know that I would have put it some where to keep it safe that made sense. The problem is, I got the tablet almost exactly a year ago... I have to think about what would have been logical and made sense to me THEN.

At about 11 p.m. I gave up and I still don't know where it is. So I can't really use Painter or any other art program with the tablet yet till I can figure this out.

NOT happy. *pout*

EDIT: I have found the installation discs. They were on my drawing table under some papers. I don't know why I put them there, but I found them. I installed them... The tablet worked and was fine. Then I tried to use PainterX and.... that got weird. I shut it down and restarted the computer. Then tried to open Painter again and it won't open at all, saying it can't open painter files? ARGH. So I contacted Corel to ask them for help. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I cannot say how sorry I am I installed the new OS system... but I'm getting concerned since my mac is acting weird all over the place. I started it yesterday and during the start up it just stopped and shut down. When I restarted it again, my backup drive wasn't on the desktop. I don't know what's going on but none of this is looking good. And I'm REALLY concerned because I can't really afford to get a new mac of any sort right now. I'm just hoping this is something that won't lead to something really bad. *cry*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does the Website for the company that made it have a download of the programs you need? Often they provide such stuff for free for just such an occassion as this.

KM

Unknown said...

this is the driver download site for Wacom tablets. Is what you need here?

http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm

Georgia said...

Thank you Ken! I FINALLY found the discs under a bunch of stuff and I have no idea why they were there... But I found them. You is awesome for looking that up for me.

I have to update my post!