Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trying Something New


I mentioned in my last post that I had attended a family get-together a week ago (family reunion sounds so official).  I had a great time and reconnected with people I love and miss...  It was a reminder that they are really great individuals who I am honored to know and lucky to be related to.  There were a few bumpy moments of course, but that's to be expected when family gets together - we are family after all.  Over all though, it was a great time and I'm so happy I was able to go.

While I was there, my aunt was giving away bracelets she had made because she was no longer going to be making them anymore.  There were some real beautiful ones and I chose a few for myself.  During our time together, I asked her to show me how she made them and she kindly did, as well as giving me some of the supplies she was no longer using.  I was inspired to use the process but include my own twist and so after finding a bead store called Bead Jungle, I picked up a few more things I needed.

I got home and started messing around and I'm pretty happy with how they came out.  I still have some fiddling to do, but I think these are cool and certainly something people will like.

The first one I made was still following more of my Steampunk work:


The second one, I was thinking of more for a man if he wished.  Its more simple, but certainly I don't think that it would be odd for a woman to wear if she wished.


Like I said, more simple.  Both will be put up for sale on my Etsy shop to purchase and there will be more coming along.  In the future, I will also be adjusting my shop for more categories so it will be easier to find specific items such as necklaces, earrings and now bracelets.   For now, please be sure to check out my work at Stormwolf Studios on Etsy!

So what do you think?


No comments: