Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and the Holidays

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I don't know if its the memories of childhood or the turkey or the pie (I suspect the pumpkin pie does influence things), but I have always loved Thanksgiving.  This year was a quiet one with just Mom and I, but that was a wonderful thing - especially as we both had to work the day before and the day after.  Quiet and simple was perfect.

I am always sad after Thanksgiving is done because now-a-days, the holiday gets short-changed between Halloween and Christmas.  Both of those holidays offer a lot more potential for sales of random things than Thanksgiving ever does.  And once its over, the big swing of Christmas shopping takes over and swallows everything up.

But now we are in the holiday season and I am not seeing the joy I used to see as a child when people were out shopping.  My theory for the reason is that we no longer allow ourselves the moment of discovery as we walk along the avenues window shopping and browsing through stores.  There was always something fun and wonderful about strolling down a street or through a mall, peeking into shops or gazing through racks and shelves, searching for the perfect gift for our loved ones.  It seems we decide on something, research it all over the web and then just go straight to the store and buy it then leave.  In and out.  We have no time to look or search.  We have no time to enjoy the holiday, to enjoy the search, to see the lights and decorations.  We have other places to go and things to do!  On top of this, is the stress of knowing our economy isn't doing well and hearing stories of big business screwing the little guy.  It can make things less fun, that's for sure.

Having said all of that, I do have some new items in my etsy shop.  New necklaces that might be perfect for someone in your life or of course, for yourself.

Tree of Life Pendant


Tree of Life Pendant can be found on my etsy site!

AND I'm having a sale.

Right now, shipping in the country for any item is only .99 with NO EXTRA CHARGE for any additional item!  That's right!  You pay only 99 cents for shipping!  And nothing more if you get multiple items!








Please take some time to check out these and my other items in my shop and see if there is something that might make a great gift for your loved ones this holiday season!  All the items will ship for just 99 cents and nothing more!  

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and that the holidays to come aren't terribly stressful! 

No comments: