Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday... Musing

So, its a Saturday and I'm not running off somewhere or doing anything specific. Its actually nice. Oh, there's tons I probably should be doing right now... Work, art, job search, work search, portfolio stuff, obligations and things... But I'm not. For good or bad.

I'm starting to get eager again to do some artwork. Ideas are bubbling in my brain. I hopefully will get motivated enough to work on them. There are things going on around me right now that sort of put walls up and of course, I have to work extra hard to get beyond it.

Regardless, its a Saturday and I'm enjoying not doing anything. I was ill on Thursday evening - my body ached tremendously. It was like the flu though no sneezing or coughing or congestion. I hurt all over and down to the bone. I was going to be glad that I wasn't working on Friday, but then at 8 a.m. the boss called and asked if I could cover for work. Thankfully I wasn't hurting so much Friday morning and more hours never hurt... But I wasn't planning on staying the whole day - and of course I did. And whenever I work on days I'm not supposed to, it seems that stuff falls apart and I'm left running around. It never fails. I hate that. Just another reason to want something better right?

Every weekend for the last month or so, I've had stress about facing the things on Monday that will be waiting for me after I leave work. I get tense all weekend thinking about it. I don't like that at all. It takes a lot for me to try and leave it behind because all I think about are mistakes I made or might have made... things I should have done differently. Its very stressful and makes my chest tight. I hate that feeling.

On the other hand, I did get good news this week. Hopefully will be able to share that news with everyone next month - I'm waiting and seeing how it pans out and if things go according to plan before sharing too much. The other good news that I can share is my joy for my friend Bill and his wife Jill who welcomed their baby girl Athena to the world on the 18th of this month. I send them love and best wishes and tons of blessings! I will hopefully be able to visit with them soon, before our mutual friend's wedding though I'm not sure when exactly.

I'm glad Spring is here. The good weather helps to lift my mood. Don't get me wrong, every so often its nice to have a cold dreary gray day, but I need some sunshine and sweet breezes to lift my spirits again. I need hope and possibilities and nice weather certainly helps me feel that way.

So... that's about all... Happy Spring everyone! May hope and possibilities be all around you!

No comments: