Thursday, May 8, 2008

*Runs in.... trips*

Hey, well.... long time.  Sorry.  After the trip visiting my brother I got into a lot of different things.  One of which was playing World of Warcraft again (finally got my Night Elf Rogue to 70!).  If you've never played you don't really know how much like crack that game is.  But I did reconnect with some friends which was great.  

The visit with my brother was lovely.  It was wonderful to see the kids who are so much older and bigger now!  My ten year old niece is only a little bit shorter than me!  She just shot right up!  They all have personalities now and are really blossoming into little people.  

While I was away, I made some good decisions concerning my life and the general direction of my art and career.  One decision was to not attend Dragon*Con this year.  This was difficult, but the trip and convention is costly...  With the economy how it is, there is less of a guarantee of a successful show than previous years.  I had to weigh my current state of finances with what might happen and chose to pass on the convention for this year.  We'll see how things are next year.  I am sad not to go, but felt it was the right choice to make.  

I am oddly inspired and uninspired to paint right now.  I have ideas but it is being difficult to sit down and do them.  Some seem to be oil paints, but I'm not sure how to execute them.  I think that might be blocking me from moving forward.  

Other than that, I have to move on some decisions I made and make them happen.  I will of course, let you know how that all goes.  No, I'm not trying to be mysterious, that is just a fun byproduct :D

2 comments:

Bill Baxter said...

I'm right there with ya. I won't go this year either. ;D

Mike said...

Make that three! I haven't gone for a couple of years, but I was hoping to go. But $$ is tight and that's not a cheap con to go to. We even decided to cut a day off Balticon to save on the hotel...