Friday, October 5, 2012

The Cold Weather is Seeping In

Today was the first day in a long while where I remember getting up and feeling cold.  Its not freezing mind you, just the low 60's.  Its easy to forget what this weather feels like after so many days of 80's and up.  I miss the slow easing of weather from one season to another, but I wonder if there was ever really a time when that happened.  It always seems so sudden.  One day its hot, the next its cold and you need a sweater.

Luckily we have pumpkin... EVERYTHING to keep us warm and toasty.  I spent a few days having as much pumpkin stuff as possible and might have pumpkined myself out.  So far though, the winner has been Dunkin' Donut's Pumpkin Latte which has the least bitter taste and wasn't overly sweet.  Pumpkin bagels goes to Einstein bagels as well as their pumpkin cream cheese.  No pumpkin donuts though - all of them were over sweet or had no real taste at all.  I'm looking to have my one bit of candy corn to eat and then avoid till next Halloween.

As we continue to prepare for our little 'vacation' away to Las Vegas, it seems I've gotten a little sick with something hanging around in my throat.  It is more annoying and a nuisance more than anything else as it lingers about, threatening to get into my chest and be a full blown something annoying.  I'm hoping not since I don't want to be sick while away.  So... lots of Vitamin C and cough drops.

The other day I attempted to make my first ring.  I used the instructions from a book because it was wire work, which I don't have a ton of experience doing.  I admit, I don't have all the right tools for wire work because it can start to get expensive and I am not ready to full on invest on all the neat things out there for jewelry makers.  Especially since I am trying to save up for that new laptop that I do need.
My first wire-work ring!
It is sort of sized for my finger, but I don't have a time to wear it because I know it will get caught on things at work.  Last thing I want to do is damage it after I made it!  I'm pretty proud of it, but I don't know if I would sell it since it is my first try and its a little wonky in some places, but not bad overall.

Now to turn to some other items:

What is the purpose of this blog?  Well, aside from keeping tabs on my life and the creative turns it will take, I am trying to broaden my experiences and those who decide to follow me.  I'll be trying to find out what you, my readers are interested in and want to see more of (from me and this blog) as well as spotlighting other artists and their works.  I'm hoping that some of you will contact me with interest if you wish to be spotlit in this blog or would like to do something together.  I'll be trying to hold contests and such to win free items (jewelry, prints etc...) if there is interest in that as well.  While a lot of what I post about will be about me, I don't want it to always be that!  You guys are important to me because you're my audience and art doesn't live in a vacuum.  At least, if it does, it doesn't thrive.

So, how about you guys shine some light on what you might like to see here?  I'll try to always post pics of things, whether its items I've seen, or works in progress.  Feedback is always great!  Is there any particular piece in the Etsy Shop that you  like and would like to see more of? Link it in the comments and let me know! All of those can be found here:

No comments: